I was approached by someone not quite ready to move into a relationship, with good reasons, about causally dating. At first I thought this was going to be a big issue and I’d end up heartbroken, because I didn’t want to casually date this guy– I wanted a real relationship. To be honest, it’s too early to tell how it’s working, but I’ve got some initial thoughts.
We aren’t causally dating. We are dating without a title.
I say this, because:
- We each are only dating each other.
- We go on dates.
- We hold hands, he puts his arm around me, etc in public and around his friends.
- We text throughout the week.
- We hangout on weekends together
- He texts me when he’s drunk.
- We have plans for the semi-not-so-near-future.
Umm… last I checked, all that was dating? The only thing not going on here is a line on Facebook saying “In a Relationship with—” and introductions that start “This is my boyfriend/girlfriend….”
Casual dating, I thought it was possible– but I’m learning, it’s really just a relationship without the pressure from within, only pressure from society.